Today I release WP7 Root Tools 0.10 alpha. New in this version:
- Many user interface enhancements
- Multi-file operations added (tap on left of items in file-explorer to get extra selection-possibilities)
- Improved performance in file-explorer (special thanks to Ultrashot)
- Shell handling added in file-explorer
- Better error handling and reporting
- Lots of small bug-fixes
Homebrew Executable unlock is not yet implemented in this version. This new unlock (Policy Unlock v2) will be released as soon as possible.
The new package is available in the download-section of this site.
Jeremy Sinclair (a.k.a. Snickler) has created an Async CTP wrapper for the WP7 Root Tools SDK. It lets you combine the ease of use of Async CTP and the power of WP7 Root Tools SDK. I added it to the Downloads-section.
Follow Jeremy Sinclair: @sinclairinator
I've uploaded a new version of the WP7 Root Tools SDK for developers. This is version 0.2.1.0 alpha. You can download it from the download-section. With this SDK I hope to give the Windows Phone homebrew community a boost. I encourage all developers to download the SDK and experiment with it.
Changes in this version:
- FIX: It was not possible to get the contents of the root-folder.
- FIX: Massive performance-improvement for getting folder-contents (THANKS A LOT TO: ULTRASHOT)
- NEW: string Environment.ProcessConfigXml(string ConfigXml)
- NEW: FileStream.Seek()
- NEW: string Registry.GetMultiStringValue(RegistryHyve Root, string Key, string ValueName)
- NEW: void Registry.SetMultiStringValue(RegistryHyve Root, string Key, string ValueName, string Value)
- NEW: byte Registry.GetBinaryValue(RegistryHyve Root, string Key, string ValueName)
- NEW: void Registry.SetBinaryValue(RegistryHyve Root, string Key, string ValueName, byte Value)
- NEW: void Environment.ShellExecute(string Application)
- NEW: void Environment.ShellExecute(string Application, string Arguments)
A new version of WP7 Root Tools is also on it's way, but this will need some work to be done. It can be expected soon.
If you build a cool app using this SDK, let me know. I'd like to see the SDK being made to good use :-)
- Heathcliff74 -