I uploaded WP7 Root Tools 0.13 beta. You can grab it from the download-section. This version is the first version of WP7 Root Tools that has the beta-tag. I fixed a lot of big and small bugs and I implemented some performance-improvements. So, I hope this version will work stable for everyone. Most important fixes:
- After install of version 0.12 alpha, some apps wouldn't start anymore - FIXED
- Root Access installed would report error RA-ARA-01 55 on some devices. Not been able to test this, but i think it is now FIXED
- Shell handler would not launch correctly sometimes - FIXED
- Improved Russian, Czech and French translations
- Name of search provider was not correctly shown sometimes - FIXED
- Crash when current location of registry or explorer was deleted - FIXED
- much more...
- Heathcliff74 -
HD2Owner has released the ROM packages for Windows Phone 7.8 RTM. So far, this was exclusive for the Dynamics custom ROM series. But now they can be downloaded from this XDA thread.
I expect a lot of custom ROM's to be released with Windows Phone 7.8 soon.
Ultrashot is the main-developer behind the Dynamics Custom ROM series for Windows Phone. Recently he has release a new version of his ROM, which is based on Windows Phone 7.8 RTM and his new Full Unlock v4 which has a lot of new features:
- Native application support.
- Selective root access for applications alongside with possibility to open full access to system for all applications altogether.
- Root access usage notifications.
- Enhanced security.
He has now released Full Unlock v4 as separate package, available for other ROM chiefs. Some other notes:
- That's a squeezed release - some registry entries were removed to reduce a number of dependencies.
- Full Unlock v4.0 is available for all, but all the rest from Dynamics 2.0 and derivatives is still prohibited. v1.21 stuff is allowed to use.
You can download the Full Unlock v4 package from this XDA thread.
It seems the media haven't really picked the news that XDA Dev Team has released new series of Windows Phone 7.8 ROM's. These custom ROM's can be flashed to devices that have an HSPL bootloader installed. The buildnumber of these roms is 8858, which is the real RTM build. The build tag is "WM7_Main_Ship". This is a list of ROM's that was released so far:
- HTC Titan
- HTC Mozart
- HTC HD2
- HTC Radar
- HTC HD7
- Samsung Omnia7
- HTC Trophy
- HTC 7Pro
- Nokia Lumia 710
- Nokia Lumia 800
The ROM's are created by these ROM-chiefs: Ultrashot, HD2Owner, CeesHeim and Lucifer3006. The ROM's are all flavored a bit differently, but the all have at least these key-features:
- Full unlock v4 - now with root access notifications.
- Ringtones from your personal music collection.
- Clock tile.
- High quality WP7.8-compatible tiles.
- USB2Video driver.
- XAP deployer built in.
- Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.
Ultrashot also released his new WPBackup utility.
If you want to check out the latest Windows Phone 7.8 features, be careful and read all installation details. Flash at your own risk!!!
- Heathcliff74 -
I'm proud to announce the immediate availability of WP7 Root Tools 0.12 alpha! New main features: Policy Unlock v2, 16 languages, Advanced File-system and Registry Search, Certificate Stores and Tweak Section.
Unlocking Homebrew Native Executables for Interop Unlocked devices has been a long-time prestige-project for me. And now it's here :-)
Special thanks to these people:
HD2Owner: for a lot of patience, learning me how to make my own test-ROM's.
Ultrashot and Cotulla: for a lot of nice chat-sessions and exchange of ideas.
CeesHeim: for providing a test-device.
AndrewSh, Ondraster and many others: for moral support.
Thanks to these people for helping with the translations: AndrewSh, HD2Owner, Paulo Santos, Reker Chen, Balcsida, Tukacs Gábor, Pavel "Paulos" Valach, Esteban Reche, David E. Salazar Paris, Brano Grenuš, Budniu, Fabio Di Peri, Chemeng, Alexandre Thouvenin, Orhan Bozkurt, Hassan Selim.
The homepage is updated with all new details, so read on for more details.
- Heathcliff74 -